Chemistry is the essential science. Its applications cover all the aspects of human progress. Since many years the subject has offered wide career opportunities to young and innovative minds, with a very clear vision of nation building, the Chemistry department of Taywade College, Mahadula-Koradi (Arts, Commerce & Science College) was established by the management of Shri Sachhidanand Shikshan Santha’s in 1993. Post graduate course i. e. M. Sc. (Chemistry) started in the year 2007.
Since its establishment the department is known for its good faculty and has made vast progress in academics and research. Today the department has 03 permanent faculty members and 03 contractual faculty members. All faculty members hold Ph. D., one have qualified CSIR-SET. The faculty members command high level of respect amongst students because of their admirable teaching and student-friendly nature. Besides teaching, faculty members are also involved in research activities and have published papers in National and International peer reviewed journals. All faculties in the department have successfully completed minor/ major research projects funded by UGC. The department is recognized centre of higher learning and research of Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, in the year 2013.
Highlights of the Department
- Qualified and experienced faculty
- Well equipped laboratory and instrumental facility
- Recognition of laboratory for research and higher learning
- Chemical Society
- Organization of the guest lectures of eminent scientists/academicians
- Organization of Seminars of UG and PG students’.
- Placement of students
- Students participating in intercollegiate seminar, elocution, conferences etc.
- Research papers published by faculty and students in Journals and in conferences
- Faculty participation in Online Refresher Courses organized by National Resource Centre of
- Teachers’ and Students’ participation in different extension activities like NSS, NCC and other Social activities etc.